HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday -- Impulsive Shopping Day -- Bought Useless Trinkets


Here it is Monday again and what do I have to show for it? Some major purchases at Spencers at the mall. Got myself a refrigerator magnet that says "paddle faster, I hear banjos."

Amazing how much the movie Deliverance touched the nation's collective psyche. I really should rent that sucker and watch it again.

I know when I am gigging and tell my audience that I had difficulty finding the location and mention the fact that I got really lost -- all I have to do is play that opening riff from "Dueling Banjos" on my guitar and it gets an immediate response. Dee da ling ding, ling ding, ding, dang, ding --


If, somehow you have been absent from the planet for thirty years, go out and rent the DVD. It's a great flick and it'll scare the bejesus out of you. It'll be a long time before you get into a canoe and take a prolonged canoe trip wihout wearing a sidearm.

I was just checking today's blog in "preview mode". The flash bouncing off the refrigerator really looks like the sun, eh?

I also popped, inexplainably, for a Homer Simpson dashboard figure that talks with your automobile's movement, saying things like: "Why is it the slowest guy on the road is always in front of me?" followed by "Why is the fastest guy on the road always right behind me?" and others such as: "Quit waving at me! I'll come through the intersection when I'm good and ready -- officer." And "You child may be an honor student, but you are a MORON!" all in Homer's original voice.

Sucker punched in Spencers.

I already have the feeling that this thing will drive me crazy in less than 30 miles. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

What I really went in there for was to see if they carried any of the McFarlane NFL figures that I think are very well rendered.
They had none. What they did have were monsters and freaks and Superheros. Back by the edible panty section.

Oh, hi! Aren't you Larry Heagle?

I suppose I shall attempt to stay awake for tonight's Monday night game between the Billichek Bastards and Ray Lewis, if for no other reason that I get it in high def -- contingent on my directv signal -- who knows, maybe we'll all get lucky and watch Ry Lewis do something besides "spaz out" while he is beng introduced before the game. You'd swear the guy just orgasmed in his cup.

Will somebody please maim Randy Moss? This is the first year twinkle toes has had the nerve to cut it back across the middle after years of running out patterns where he would catch the ball and then daintily step out of bounds to avoid any contact whatsoever.

If I was thirty years younger, I would love to strap on a Ravens helmet and go out there and hit him so hard he wouldn't remember where he was until next Monday.


I think maybe I don't like the guy. He and soul brother, Terrell Owens. Now there is a pair!

No comments: