HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ryan Grant Claims Number One Running Spot -- Luck of the Draw

Color me as embarrassed as the Raider coaching staff. I guess I still can't believe we have a bona fide half back in Ryan Grant but he certainly proved it this past Sunday with 156 yards on the ground.

I sat back on the couch, mouth agape, watching him rip off yardage early in the first quarter. Obviously the Raiders thought that they were going to see the earlier season version of the Packers with a multitude of receivers.

Have to hand it to Mike McCarthy. Every week he shows us something new! As I said earlier, what an exciting seson this has been -- and it is a continuing story the end of which i can hardly wait to hve revealed.

Who will we be facing first in the playoffs? In a way, I hope it is Seattle -- just because I dislike Mike "The Fat Poobah" Holmgren so much and would love to see the Packers beat him yet again.

_________________________________________________________________

Here is a heart warming little Christmas story I just received by e mail this morning:

It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco. The pastor
of the church was looking over the crèche when he noticed that the baby
Jesus was missing from among the figures. He hurried outside and saw a
little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the
little infant Jesus.

So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get your passenger, my fine friend?"

The little boy replied, "I got Him at church."

"And why did you take Him?"

The boy explained, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the
little Lord Jesus and I told Him if He would bring me a red wagon for
Christmas I would give Him a ride around the block in it."

An Early MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

1 comment:

flcnhgtspckr said...

not to be a nitpicker but coach is McCarthy, not Murphy.