HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, December 7, 2007

Imus Is Back -- I, For One --Am Glad!


Just reading through the online Packer news and wondering why defensive coach Kurt Shottenhemer insists that Atari Bigby is the strongest choice to start at the defensive half back position. I tend to agree with the Milwaukee Journal's tom Silverstein who says:
There are comfort, experience and tackling considerations to make, but in determining whether Green Bay Packers rookie safety Aaron Rouse deserves to be a starter, the numbers don't lie.
Nick Collins and Atari Bigby: 21 starts, one interception, 10 passes defended.

Rouse: Three starts, two interceptions, four passes defended.

If his numbers were projected over 12 games, Rouse would lead the team in interceptions and passes defended. Even he is left wondering how much better he would be if he were allowed to continue as a starter.

"If I can get two picks in three games, what do you think?" Rouse said Thursday.

The third-round pick from Virginia Tech won't get to find out how much more he could have accomplished, because with the return of Collins from a knee injury suffered Nov. 4 against Kansas City, Rouse is out of the starting lineup.

Instead of replacing either Collins or Bigby with the 6-foot-4, 223-pound Rouse, the coaches are sticking with the status quo. Even coming off a loss to the Dallas Cowboys in which both safeties - and the entire secondary, for that matter - played poorly.

Looking back on the Dallas game, it seems eveery time the Cowboys made a passing yardage gain of significance, Atari was the one who blew coverage.

Oh, well --- what the hell do I know?

_________________________________________________________________

I am very glad to see that Don Imus has been re-instated with the media and is back on the air. Granted, his "nappy-headed ho's" comment was both in poor taste and not really funny, but I am tired of political correctness.

I would imagine that this is partly because I am a comedian and I am fed up with the righteous coming up to me after the show to tell me how tasteless something I said was. Like I give a shit.

My wife and I argue about this as over the years she got interested in "Native American" studies. We shouldn't be calling teams "Indians" or "Warriors" (that's not even necessarily an Indian term) -- or the Raiders -- again --who says they are Indians? It shouldn't be The Washington Redskins or The Atlanta Braves" and on and on.

I am Irish. do I get my undies in a bundle because Notre Dame is "The Fighting Irish"? Doesn't bother me in the least.

Everybody needs to loosen up a little bit!

________________________________________________

No comments: