HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, December 22, 2007

These Are The times That Try Men's Souls

My son Jon's all-too-brief Christmas visit just ended as he left to be in Madison by dinner time. We were a bit concerned about the incoming weather, but it has stayed warm enough that I am fairly certain I-94 is going to stay clear.

It is always good to have him here, to be able to cook some good home meals for him and to watch him really unwind once he has settled in to the quiet of the office and the joy of the wood stove.

Highway 94 mayby be clear, but not so my office back steps -- as I was leaving to go over to the house momentarily after feeding the stove, I made one of those moves on the second step that if I hadn't caught myself, would have raised holy hell with my tailbone.

As our hired man used to say about ice like that: "slicker'n snot on a door knob." or slicker'n cow slobber!" Now is not the time of year to take your footng for granted! Now I see where people end up breaking hips.

The other day (I think I may have mentioned this in blog past) while I was up in Hayward, some "patriot" removed my "Bush is a war Criminal" sticker from my car.

When did we as Americans teach ourselves NOT to think!

In 2002, an election year, Karl Rove and George Bush began the march to war with Iraq. The American people (that's you and me, pal) were told that Iraq was tied to the attacks of 9/11 and that it posed a threat to the United States. Bush said Iraq already had weapons of mass destruction and was developing nuclear weapons. We now know his reasons for ging to war were false. And George Bush must have known some were untrue, even as he repeated them.

Now, with a Presidential election likely to turn on the disaster in Iraq, Bush has been threatening war with Iran, arguing falsely that the country is on the verge of developing nuclear weapons. The Washington Post reported that National Security Advisor Stephan Hadley "said Bush first learned in August or September about intelligence indicating Iran had halted its weapons program .." Yet on October 17m Bush continued to paint a picture of a nuclear Iran and invoked the spectre of World War Three.

On December 4, Bush lied about when he found out Irran had no nuclear weapons program, saying: "I was made aware of the NIE (National Intelligence estimate) last week." His rhetoric against Iran goes unabated.

A resolution is being introduced in the House of Representatives by Neil Abercrombie of Hawaii. If explicitly states that George Bush has been given no authority to go to war with Iran. It is a sad commentary on the Bush presidency that the resolution is vital and must be passsed! Otherwise, there is no telling what George Bush might do.

Now, more than ever, it is time to become an active American citizen -- a true patriot -- and call all your duly elected representatives and tell them to take a stand. Bush must be stopped. Our very freedom and security are at risk.

No comments: