HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reading Up On NFL Past and Present -- Looking Forward to January 4th at the Heyde


Today I am at the point where I had best get done the things that only really need to "get done" and then I need to get some sleep. I tend to run for long perids without getting proper rest.

I know that part of this is just part of the contract of getting older, but i need to start making a concerted effort to rest more.

Today's photo is the one that is being used in the promotion of the concert of January 4, 2008, at the Heyde Center. More about that later.

Having finished the biography on Joe Namath (which, frankly, left me a bit sad for the guy, as his wife got into the "I've got to find myself mode", didn't want to be known just as Mrs. Joe Namath, blah, blah, blah, and really broke his heart by taking from him the two people he loved most in his life, his daughters) , I went on a book buying spree yesterday.

Whereas several months ago it was anything and everything to do with World War Two, now I am into reading about my football icons.

I finished Paul Hornung's "Lombardi and Me" and am currently reading "Nitschke" while I am at the house, and "Jim Brown" (The fierce Life of an American Hero) by Mike Freeman while I have leisure time at the office.

Also yesterday I picked up one of a series of very nice glossy finish books -- this one entitled "Favre" by Brett and his momma Bonita. There are others in the same format that I have looked over briefly at Borders -- one on Walter Payton and one on Joe Namath, both of which sell for $30.00 and come with a 40 minute DVD.

I couldn't resist the Favre book because not only is it loaded with great photos, but the narrative is very personal and revealing, the 40 minute DVD is really, really good -- worth watching again and again as it really gives an in deoth insight into Brett's character and personality.

The other thing that made it impossible to pass up is that it is available at Sam's Club for the really low price of $18.88! So if you are a Favre fan, this one is a real MUST HAVE!

Happy to announce that I picked up another gig, signed, sealed, and delivered, for January 5, 2008, the night after the concert at the Heyde Center in Chippewa. It means a long drive to Iron River, but hey --that's what I do for a living! The performing is the easy part.

I am getting more and more excited about the concert at the Heyde Center on Friday, January 4. Thanks to the Green Bay Packers great team play, I won't be clashing with a playoff game that night as the Packers got a first round bye when Fat Poohbah Holmgren lost last weekend. Sweet!

My long time friend and fellow musician/songwriter Jerry Way is doing me the honor of opening my show at the Heyde and I am most grateful.

I hope I will see many of you at the Heyde concert. Tickets are already on sale now. You can check out all the activities at the Heyde by typing: www.cvca.net in your browser.

Gotta run and do some errands so I can get a little cat nap in yet this afternoon!

____________________________________________________________

No comments: