HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year



I am so embarrassed! A couple of days ago I announced that Brett Favre would be on the cover of the upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated, due on newstands on December 10. So then what did I do? I went out looking for it on local newstands not one day, but two! Then badmouthed Eau Claire before I realized when I got back from the magazine section at Wally Mart this morning at 5:30 AM that the tenth of December isn't until next Monday!

Doh!

Somebody take me out and shoot me and put me out of my misery!

(Just kidding -- there are those who would jump at the chance!)

Henceforth I wish to be known as "the guy with too much time on his hands". that's what my beligerent TV intaller referred to me as the other day on the phone after receiving a copy of my "scathing" letter that I had sent to Directv.

I guess it probably is true. What, after all did I accomplish today?

well, I made some hot beefs for supper tonight, took a football into a sign maker and had him letter it with the following:

"Packers 23 Vikings 16"
"9/30/07"
"New TD Pass Record"
"422"

Dropped my Brett Favre home jersey off at the seamstress to have the Lambeau Field 50th Year Patch that I received by mail from the Packer Pro Shop sewn on the left shoulder (for luck).

Bought a 8 1/2 x 11 inch frame for my cover off the latest Packer Report and mounted the great shot of Brett from that magazine in the frame when I got back here to the office.

I have been thinking since I did that -- I should have gotten another just like it for the Sports Illustrated cover that comes out NEXT MONDAY.

My marketeer, Liz Fischer, stopped out this afternoon with my copy of "Just Read The Darn Thing", a compilation of writings by women of the Chippewa Valley.

She also informed me that my New Year's Eve gig at "The Space" has been cancelled. Management had planned on serving up this fancy-schmancy 10 course gourmet meal -- followed by me for dessert -- but not enough people signed up befoe the deadline.

I am trying not to take it personally.

I don't like to work on New Year's Eve, anyway!

So there!

Oops! Knocking at my door! It's Steve, the mail man -- delivering packages. I have been prowling the internet again! I will take time to open these and see what Santa brought me. You see, Kim and I long ago gave up on buying each other gifts at Christmas -- simply because we both hate fighting our way through traffic and crowds. Bah, humbug! so I am Santa to me and she is Mrs Claus to herself! Anyway -- time out -- I will open boxes and see what's up -- If it's worth displaying, I will put up photos.

Oh my God! It's Elvis and Jim Brown! No -- not James Brown, the Godfather of Soul. Jim Brown -- in my estimation, the greatest running back ever to play in the NFL. (Well, not really -- just "likenesses" of both -- figurines, if you will.

What are the odds of those two greats showing up at the same time at my door of a snowy late afternoon? This is the "1968 Comback Special" Elvis. Man, I remember that show! He performed in the round with all his original band buddies and he was clad in that skin tight (very hot -- both literally and figuratively) black leather outfit. There is a place of honor for him here in the office in the Elvis Presley Memorial bath room.

Remind me to do a whole blog on the Elvis bath room, complete with pictures. Gotta have an Elvis bath room. That's where the King died, you know, -- straining at stool.

And Jim Brown. Well, his is the only collectable figure you will find in my office that isn't wearing a Packer uniform. If Elvis was the epitome of "hot", Jim Brown was the epitome of "cool".

Remember how he would drag half the opposing line with him while he finished a run? Then he would get up real slowly -- you'd swear he was out of gas -- and he would do it again -- for four quarters he would pound defenses like that!

Besides, outside of the Packer uniforms, the Cleveland Browns get my vote as the coolest uniforms in the NFL -- brown, man! And orange helmets with no decals whatsoever.

Cool!

_________________________________________________________

No comments: