HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sometimes It's Not The Venue, It's The People Being Entertained!



Just back from a really fine evening of making pizza and entertaining some really genuinely warm and real human beings at Dale and Kim Schmidt's 25th Wedding Anniversary party.

Dale planned my part of the celebration as a surprise and the look on Kim's face was priceless. My Kim came along to help me in the kitchen as we prepared eight pizzas, starting with a fresh tomato and basil pie, then a mushroom pizza, piled high with cooked down fresh mushrooms, then onto the standards -- pepperoni, sausage, and combinations.

When the last pizza was out of the oven, I joined the group in the garage and did about 35 minutes of comedy and music and to tell you the truth, I have worked as opening act for big names on national stages, but I had more fun today with this great group of people in this intimate setting than in any number of the so called "big time" experiences.
You can tell when it's been a good day by the smiles, the compliments, and just the glow you see on the folks faces.

Thanks, Dale and Kim! I would love the opportunity to do it again!

_____________________________________________________

No comments: