HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, April 8, 2010

FEAR OF FACE BOOK DUE TO IGNORANCE?


Kim helped me find my glasses. I left them in the shower/bath. I know, weird, right? I like to read and soak at least once a day. In fact, when I get done with this, I am heading into the bath and use up all the hot water and the last of the bubble bath.

Don't judge me.

Real manly men enjoy a bubble bath once in a while too!

What's with the Face Book craze? What I gather from younger comedians is that people let Face Book take over their entire lives! I have been dabbling with it - but I sort of have a love hate relationship with it. I feel like I am standing at the edge of Hell's maw.

What's really weird is that it has virtually replaced e mail as a means of communicating with "friends". More and more, e mail becomes an announcement platform for Face Book..

So instead, if you really get into Face Book you are revealing to 1,220 of your closest "friends" some pretty personal stuff. And pretty soon your "friends" are using your wall as theirs, and publishing their extremely clever schtick - and recommending what bands you should be listening to and how you should be a friend with Todd Bentley - I know - who the hell is Tom Bentley!

Just try going thru the pictures feature without getting lost in a whole folio of people, not one of which you recognize.

There I said it -- now I'm going over to Face Book

THE ABOVE PHOTO IS PURELY GRATUITOUS IGNORE IT

No comments: