HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, September 3, 2007

Old Tractors Star At Old Time Farm Fest

The turn out for "The Old Time Tractor Fest", located up the big hill on Hiway 95 going east out of Fountain Cty appeared larger to me this year than last. The featured tractor was any and all Minnepolis-Moline tractors that came in to show off.

When I arived, bingo was still very much in session in the tent I was to set up in, so I was able to take my time moving my electronic stuff towards the stage. I even had time to make a little side trip to the pictured buildng: "Ye Olde Bake Shoppe" for a sweet roll and some peanut butter cookies. They were also baking home made bread in an outside free standing oven.

The show went really well. I had a large, responsive audience, which always makes it a joy.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Old Shanty boy, Jay Moore, of 106.7 Moose radio in the front row. He ws even kind enough to help this old man get the equpment back into the Tamata.

After the show I thought about making a stop at the Alma Arts Festival, but got there too late to hear The River Benders, so I just truned her around and headed for home.

Probably a wise move. I am very tired today.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: