HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Thank You To Our Armed Forces And My Sympathy To Those Who Serve This Despot

Last night I watched HBO's Documentary "Alive Day Memories: Home From Iraq". If you have HBO, please do yourself and your country a favor and watch it. It is very moving.

It so moved me that this morning I sat down and wrote the following letter to retired Sgt. Matthew McCleod, the wonderul yong man who helped me through the usually difficult process of trading automobiles.

Matthew was a casualty himself to an IED in Iraq and now walks with a great deal of pain in his right knee but has the most amazing, resilient attitude of anyone I have ever met.

Larry Heagle
4888 Hobbs Road
Fall Creek, Wisconsin 54742


Sgt. (retired) Matthew McCleod
Rosemurgy Auto Mall
1700 Business 51 North
Wausau, Wisconsin 54401

Dear Matt:

I am enclosing an article I copied off the internet on the TV Documentary “Alive Day Memories: Home From Iraq."

Last night, in the comfort of my bed, earphones in place so as not to awaken Kim, I watched the documentary and truthfully, by it’s end, I was in the bathroom with the sniffles from weeping at what I saw.

I, of course, thought of you as I watched the documentary and knew that today I needed to write to you.

God bless you for what you have done as a proud Marine and thank you, God, for not taking Matthew McCleod from among us Americans who have so little appreciation for what our combat soldiers are going through -- we are way too busy spending money we don’t have at the malls, running up the credit cards and living our lives selfishly.

I am as proud of you as I am angered by the criminal American “leadership” that sent you into harm’s way.

Thank you for doing your duty as a great American fighting man. The fact that you are now struggling at such a young age with the pain of your wounds that you received, with such courage and dignity, is truly awe inspiring.

It is a great honor for me to have met you. I will always hold you in the highest regard.

Very sincerely,



Larry Heagle

Every day when I awake, I fight a continuous battle not to become absolutely disenchanted with an America that voted into office (not really -- our "Supreme" court elected him the first time and Ohio criminals put him over the top in the second election) a man (and I use that term loosely) who is without a doubt the most arrogant, criminal president in history and I want my country back!

I only fear that it is already too late.


_____________________________________________________

No comments: