HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

FISHER REUNION A GOOD TIME - MANY THANKS!

The Larry Heagle Band joined forces briefly for a one night stand at the Tom Fisher Family Reunion just off Highway 8, north of Chetek. Pictured is the rhythm section of the band: Dave "Barney" Barneson, drums, Tim "Too Tall" Keilholtz, bass and vocals and "Short Daddy", rhythm guitarist.
The reunion took place at Tom Fisher's recently self-completed cabin off Log Cabin Road, a truly scenic spot complete with his own small lake which contains large mouth bass, perch, sunfish, and bluegill.
It had been a while since I have worked more than one set so I was a bit concerned about making it through three sets, but with the help of such excellent musicians, including keyboard player Tom Wieseler and lead guitarist Mike Richson, the evening fairly flew by.

We performed on the deck above the pictured fire pit and the last set was done pretty much in the dark, with many of the family reunion gathered around a goodly fire.

The food was good and plentiful as were the libations. I decided to let Tim drive "The Big Tamata" back to Eau Claire to give myself time to absorb the drinks I had -- and wouldn't you know, when we got to his house, the Eau Claire Police were parked right across the street watching traffic.

Luckily when I pulled out and made my turn to go down the hill to find my way out to Galloway Street, I didn't pick up a follower.

My thanks not only to the Fishers' for the opportunity to be a part of their reunion, but to the band for helping me make it through the night!

_____________________________________________________

No comments: