HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, July 18, 2009

CAN OLD MAN FAVRE TAKE THE VIKINGS TO THE SUPER BOWL? - Maybe, but can they win it?

Just catching up on the latest Brett Favre skinny - now he is quoted as saying he will be making his decision as to whether he will be playing for the Minnesota Vikings this fall on July 30, the day before training camp opens.

It makes me think back to my heart surgery when I was lying on the recovery table and a young male nurse was leaning over me, checking my vitals as I slowly regained consciousness. His name tag was attached to a cloth tether that was embroidered with the Vikings logo, so I kiddingly said: "I think Robert Smith is one of the classiest running backs in the NFL -- now you say something nice about Brett Favre."

His face screwed up with rage he simply replied: "Brett Favre is a pussy!"

I sure would like to find that dude today and get his opinion as to what is going down.

Anyway, I have this ongoing fantasy about the coming season. Favre signs with the Vikings and takes them to the playoffs, complete with two victories over the Green Bay Packers in regular season play.

Then Favre takes them to the big one - the Super Bowl. And in a repeat of his final game with the Packers, he throws an interception that causes the Vikings to lose their fourth Super Bowl in a row.

It would make the off season just oh so sweet in Cheesehead Land.

I wish I could say I am a better person than that, but I have been to the Metrodome.

_________________________________________________________________

No comments: