HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, April 13, 2009

SOMALI PIRATES DEALT WITH HARSHLY -- AND CORRECTLY

It felt really good to awaken to today's news that Captain Phillips has been rescued from the hands of Somalian "pirates" off the coast of Africa. Over night, three snipers were parachuted onto the Bainbridge, out of sight of the perpetrators, where they set up their extremely accurate hi-powered sniper rifles on the fantail of the ship.

When it appeared that there was a likely chance that Captain Phillips was about to be executed, the snipers quickly downed the pirates with head shots, and then wounded a third.

The killing of the pirates could have a dangerous ripple effect in the region, where pirate attacks are common:

"This could escalate violence in this part of the world, no question about it."

Indeed, some pirates vowed revenge for the shooting, reports Reuters:

Somali pirates were quick to vow revenge over the shooting of their comrades, as well as a French military assault to rescue a yacht on Friday.

"The French and the Americans will regret starting this killing. We do not kill, but take only ransom. We shall do something to anyone we see as French or American from now," Hussein, a pirate, told Reuters by satellite phone.

And to that, I say it is high time we begin arming all crews that have to steer through these waters with the best high power weapons we have. Let these common criminals go up against the massive firepower that could be made readily available to all crews -- not to mention use of attack helicopters with hellfire cannon.

It is time for a little "Blackhawk Down" Payback!

Kudos to the Obama administration for showing strength when it is needed!

_____________________________________________________

The month of March brought on my first really unpleasant experience with eBay since I began buying and selling some four years ago.

On March 5, I won a Rawlings football helmet, white, no face mask, size 7 1/8 - 7 3/4, and paid for it immediately on line with my eBay Master Card. I intended to use it to make a re-creation of a "Lance Alworth, San Diego Chargers helmet to add to my collection. On March 16, I received a box containing a Rawlings helmet, but it had a face mask and was the wrong size! it was a small.

I immediately e mailed the seller and shipped the helmet back on March 17. I waited over a week with no results and then finally e mailed the seller to ask what was going on. I was informed that by mistake his "shipper" had set my shipment aside and it had gone overlooked for over a week.

Finally I got an e mail on April 6 telling me that my purchase had now been re-shipped.

The box arrived this past friday. I opened the box and found that HE HAD SHIPPED THE SAME INCORRECT HELMET BACK TO ME AGAIN!

So now I am keeping, on his instruction, the incorrect helmet, until the correct one is shipped. UNBELIEVABLE!

__________________________________________________________

No comments: