HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wild Life Abound Close to Civilization - White tailed Deer

Every morning when I turn on my computer it opens on the home page of The Huffington Post - and lately I cringe at the photographs of the poor creatures dying in the Gulf of Mexico. so this morning I no sooner had the terrible images in sight when movement outside my office front window caught my eye.

Moving towards the front door was a mother and fawn. They were really delightful to watch as they were so much like a human mother and child. The fawn was running circles around her mother - continually. She even made me chuckle out loud with her antics. I watched as they moved even closer to me - I suddenly realized that I have my camera here at the office so I got a couple of pictures through the screen.

It is moments like this that I realize two things. first, I wish I had a really good camera with a telephoto lens - I could have gotten some really great close ups.

secondly, it made me appreciate that I live where I do - far away from the terrible disaster that is happening in our ocean. and that at least here our wild life is alive and well.

eventually I think the mother realized I was a danger and moved her child back to the drive way - then they drifted to the south out of view. What a great way to start a day!
We are indeed blessed here where we live. In the course of a day I hear the beautiful song of the rose breasted grossbeak that return to our property every spring. I have filled the feeder outside my office window and almost every day I am treated to Mr and Mrs Cardinal as they feed at my feeder, mere feet away from my gaze.

Even though we are only about three miles from the bustle of the mall, I have seen not only deer but raccoon, badger, fox, American eagle, hawks, and even the huge wood peckers whose rattle can be heard for miles.

_______________________________________________________________

Linda Gruen sends me editorials by the "Rude Pundit". i really like this one:

The Rude Pundit

Proudly lowering the level of political discourse

6/09/2010

Memo to Sarah Palin: A President (or Governor) Is Not a CEO:
Could someone please hold a flip phone up to Sarah Palin and get her saying something like, "We use Trig as a door stop"? No, really, could someone get this nouveau riche redneck twat on camera talking about how she'd never shop at Wal-Mart 'cause she might get some trailer trash tears on her? 'Cause the idea that she is "a force" in the American political discourse is like coming across a tribe in the jungle that worships a monkey head.

In her latest Facebook posting (which is exactly where Thomas Paine would write Common Sense today so he could only reach people who "like" him), Palin takes Barack Obama to task for not having spoken to BP CEO Tony Hayward directly: "The current administration may be unaware that it’s the President’s duty, meeting on a CEO-to-CEO level with Hayward, to verify what BP reports." She says that she was "a CEO" when she was governor of Alaska.

Now, while Palin may look at the words "chief executive" in reference to a governor or president and think it's the same thing as "Chief Executive Officer" in a corporation, it's that very analogy that has failed us. The government ain't a company. The president ain't a CEO. Palin is either an idiot, Chauncey Gardner with tits, or an unconscionable, self-aggrandizing moose-f-----.

See, a CEO's job is to make money for the corporation. That's it. Shit like laws and taxes and safety are impediments that must be dealt with on the way to making money. A CEO has to be a greedy bastard, a conqueror who doesn't give a shit what has to be done to get more money. The second you say that the President of the United States is on an equivalent level with a CEO is the second you reveal that you don't know anything about government and you degrade the presidency. The logical leap to President-as-CEO is a callous manipulation of the expectations of the governed, and it turns citizens into selfish shareholders.

Obama call Tony Hayward to get answers from him? Why? Obama answered that well enough himself: "I have not spoken to him directly. Here's the reason. Because my experience is, when you talk to a guy like a BP CEO, he's gonna say all the right things to me. I'm not interested in words. I'm interested in actions." Palin's response to this? "Mr. President: with all due respect, you have to get involved, sir." What Palin is demanding is that the CEO of BP be elevated to world leader status. And, with no respect because none is due, she is the kind of oil pipe-sucking whore who would see it that way. Of course, it also completely erases all the involvement Obama has had, short of texting Tony Hayward with "hell of a spill lol".

One last thing: that Sarah Palin would invoke her two-and-a-half year stint as governor of Alaska as her "executive experience" is pathetic, like a first-time tourist attempting to give directions to the locals.

// posted by Rude One @ 8:47 AM

________________________________________________________________

No comments: