HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, June 19, 2010

WHEN I WORRY AND I CAN'T SLEEP, I COUNT MY KITTIES INSTEAD OF SHEEP

Every once in a while I get my head on straight by simply blocking out any part of the world that might be burdensome and instead concentrate on the many blessings I have. And this morning as I came from the garage, who should be sitting in the window, but one of my blessings!
The first thing I did was get my camera and take some pictures of "Mr. Inquisitive". Hammy loves to perch just inside the window and wonder at the smells, sounds, and sights of the outside world.
Then I went back through my photos of our cats and found the one of Hammy and Larry at the Eau Claire Humane Society on his official day of adoption. My how he has grown since then! Check out the big paws.

He also had the greatest pair of testicles I have ever seen - any species! It was just fun to watch him sashay down the hallway with his tail high in the air and his those big furry nuggets bouncin' from side to side,

Broke my heart when we took them from him.

Kim and I both love "the Hammies"! I think he likes to hang with Kim more than me - which is okay and usually happens when you have two cats - Stella is my girl.

Hammy? He's the character and the KING of CURIOSITY. Examples?

Whatever space he is not allowed to enter is exactly where he wants to be. If the bottom shelf of the refrigerator is clear,every time I open the refrigerator door, he leaps in head first and refuses to come out. So I thought I could cure him of that. The next time he jumped in, I closed the refrigerator door and left him in there while I had a bowl of cereal.

Didn't faze him at all!

I use the sauna on the average of three times a day. So guess who bounds down the basement stairs and runs pell mell to the door of the sauna? For the longest time I refused him entry to the place because I run it at 150 degrees - and he's got on a fur coat!

But then he took to laying just on the other side of the door and scratching at the door. Then he began adding plaintive cries to impress me.

So finally the other day I gave in and let him join me in the dry heat. He's was happier than a pig in shit. He rolled around on the wooden slatted floor, all the while studying his environment, his head turning every which away. Then with a jump, he joined me on the bench to check out what I was reading and drinking.

That bored him quickly so he leapt up to the top seat level and did some serious surveying. Then it was back down on my level but now he focused on the heating element covered with stones. I don't know whether he would have jumped in there or not, but I didn't want to take the chance so it was out the door.

His penchant for breaking and entering can sometimes lead to accidental solitary confinement. We have learned that we need to triple check our closets because Hammy will find the remotest corner possible.

Whoever penned that old saw "Curiosity killed the cat" had my furry friend in mind.

What a great cat and what a true blessing in my life.


_________________________________________________________________


RETIRE WHERE???? Here are your choices:


You can retire to Phoenix , Arizona where...
1. You are willing to park 3 blocks away because you found shade.
2. You've experienced condensation on your hiney from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
3. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never leave town.
4. You have over 100 recipes for Mexican food.
5. You know that "dry heat" is comparable to what hits you in the face when you open your oven door.
6.. The 4 seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

OR

You can retire to California where...
1. You make over $250,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house
2. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.
3. You know how to eat an artichoke.
4. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighborhood block party.
5. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.
6. The 4 seasons are: Fire, Flood, Mud, and Drought.

OR

You can retire to New York City where...
1. You say "the city" and expect everyone to know you mean Manhattan.
2. You can get into a four-hour argument about how to get from Columbus Circle to Battery Park, but can't find Wisconsin on a map.
3. You think Central Park is "nature."
4. You believe that being able to swear at people in their own language makes you multi-lingual.
5. You've worn out a car horn. (ed. note if you have a car).
6. You think eye contact is an act of aggression.

OR

You can retire to Maine where...
1. You only have four spices: salt, pepper, ketchup, and Tabasco.
2. Halloween costumes fit over parkas.
3. You have more than one recipe for moose.
4. Sexy lingerie is anything flannel with less than eight buttons.
5. The four seasons are: winter, still winter, almost winter, and construction.

OR

You can retire to the Deep South where...
1. You can rent a movie and buy bait in the same store.
2. "Y'all" is singular and "all y'all" is plural.
3. "He needed killin'" is a valid defense.
4. Everyone has 2 first names: Billy Bob, Jimmy Bob, Mary Sue, Betty Jean, Mary Beth, etc.
5. Everything is either "in yonder," "over yonder" or "out yonder." It's important to know the difference, too.

OR

You can retire to Colorado where...
1. You carry your $3,000 mountain bike atop your $500 car.
2. You tell your husband to pick up Granola on his way home and so he stops at the day care center.
3. A pass does not involve a football or dating.
4. The top of your head is bald, but you still have a pony tail.

OR

You can retire to the Midwest where...
1. You've never met any celebrities, but the mayor knows your name.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
3. You have had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" on the same day.
4. You end sentences with a preposition: "Where's my coat at?"
5. When asked how your trip was to any exotic place, you say, "It was different!"

OR

AND You can retire to Florida where.
1. You eat dinner at 3:15 in the afternoon.
2. All purchases include a coupon of some kind -- even houses and cars.
3. Everyone can recommend an excellent dermatologist.
4. Road construction never ends anywhere in the state.
5. Cars in front of you often appear to be driven by headless people.

SO MANY CHOICES . .



________________________________________________________________

No comments: