HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, October 17, 2009

FOOTBALL AND BEAUTIFUL LADIES - IT DON'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT

This was one memorable saturday. The Blugolds came home from a number of road games to play the PlattEville Pioneers for homecoming 2009. The sun even made a couple of appearances during the game and the game itself was a real barnburner with the score switching back and forth until the Blugolds put it away deep into the fourth quarter.
Kim came with me and Judy who always accompanies my Blugold junkie friend Wil met us in the parking lot.It was a great afternoon and I have to say this: The Eau Claire University Marching Band is the best damn marching band in the state if not the nation. They put on a hell of a show before the game and at half time. They are also the best cheering section in the stadium and woe be the visiting team that's trying to score in the end zone where they are holding forth.

We came home just long enough to catch our breath and then headed down to the State Theatre for an evening with the Eau Claire Symphony and special guest, Geoff Keezer. Geoff is probably the single most talented guy to come out of Eau Claire. He not only is an incredible jazz pianist, but his writing matches his other abilities.

It was a very worthwhile concert and I am glad that Kim talked me into going. Sometimes I am pretty hard to convince to do anything.

We came back from the football game to find that my stove wood had been delivered while we were at the game - this, of course, after I finally found a dead oak on the office property that is going to provide a lot of free BTU's once I get her cut down and split.

Stay warm this winter! I intend to!

________________________________________________________

No comments: