HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, August 6, 2009

CATS ARE THE GREATEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

One of the greatest benefits of owning a computer and having access to the internet is the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people. People that I have not met personally yet I consider friends - names like Harv Harvison, Curtis Worrell, and the subject of this blog, Marty Potrzebowski, come to mind.

I know that several of my blog followers , are lovers of cats. Marty and his wife Stacey,who live in Milwaukee are also friends of the feline.
I have been in business contact with Marty for some time. Toward the end of July an e mail I sent him went unanswered for several days.
When Marty did write, it was with a heavy heart. His friend of 15 years, Sidney (pictured below in the arms of Stacey) had suffered a catastrophic stroke and had to be put down. The Potrzebowskis were understandably devastated as any of us who own pets, cat or dog, know that these animals are much more than just animals. They are true friends that give us unconditional love. They can read our moods as well as or better than our human friends and are sad when we are sad, happy when we are happy.
When I received the news from Marty I wrote back to him, explaining how we had lost two cats last year within a month of one another. At that time Kim vowed that we would have no more pets - going through the loss was just too painful.
I tried to agree but four months or so later I begged and cajoled her into going to the shelter to "just look" and we found two new friends.
I told Marty that I hoped he would some day adopt another.

The following week, August 1, I got a wonderful e mail with these pictures of the TWO new kittens, "Gibson" and "Sophie", and Marty also sent me this poem that I want to share:

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, You know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For You see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is... forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am... forever and ever and ever.

Sidney 1995 - 2009

Thank you Marty and Stacey for sharing a small but important part of your lives with me. May Gibson and Sophie live long, long lives in the arms of your love!

_______________________________________________

Walter Cronkite's favorite joke:

"Two Irishmen walk out of a bar - - no, REALLY!

______________________________________________

No comments: