HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, August 16, 2009

MY WORK IS FEAST OR FAMINE- FROM GREENWOOD TO MENOMONIE

Saturday got to be quite a busy one. In my business it's "feast or famine" (with the recession upon us it's mostly famine). Well, yesterday was a feast day. A two gigger in one day, it was. As you can see from the photo to the left, I attended my class of 1959 reunion last night and performed for them after dinner. How can it be fifty years ago??? It was good to see some of my old pals from high school as I have lost track of almost everybody.
Clyde Owens looked great - like he's maybe aged 10 years. I sat at a table with Lynda Lund and Karen Kausrud, two of the beautiful women of the class - and they, too, looked great.

I have to admit and did admit to my classmates, that doing a show before them made me extremely nervous. But once I got rolling, I settled in and I think everyone really enjoyed the show.


Earlier in the day, I was in Greenwood, Wisconsin for it's celebration of - what else? - butter! After all, the Uetrecht dairy plant on the edge of town produces Grassland Butter and Mr. Dallas Uetrecht himself was kind enough to drop by the stage while I was setting up and say hello.
I have always had a good working relationship with Grassland - worked some of their corporate functions in the past, so I was very pleased that the boss would take time to say hello.

Before I could perform, the first order of business was to announce the winners of the Mrs. Butter Crocker awards, which were then auctioned off to the highest bettor.
Lisa Hinker won first place in the contest with her Pecan Bread Pudding with Brandy Sauce. In addition to the trophy, she received the 2009 Mrs Butter Crocker butter-yellow apron.

I performed outdoors on a pretty hot and humid day and by the time the time my show was finished, I had pretty much sweat soaked my dress shirt (which is the one I wore to the class reunion, too --- EEEUUUWWW.)

I asked for and got some volunteer help with packing the gear back into the Scion Xb, and I owe those guys a big thank you because they helped me make it to my next gig on time.

Like I say, in my line of work, it's either feast or famine. Fortunately, I have two teacher inservices coming up before the end of August -- and then the famine really begins -- the gig cupboard is bare, folks!

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: