HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Like Winter -- As Long as It Stays Above 20 Degrees


All right, already! Enough of the zero and below zero weather! As a younger man, I always scoffed at the idea of "snow birds" who moved south for the winter -- not any more!

In the photo, the huge piles of snow on the front deck are tarp covered split oak -- which is being used at an alarming rate!

The cold bites through my clothes, my skin, my flesh and deep into my bones! I swear that yesterday I could not get warm at all for the entire day -- not even with a red hot stoked stove at the office!

I spent a goodly part of the morning at the dentist's office this morning for teeth cleaning. I was rather dreading this trip as i knew in my heart of hearts that since my last cleaning I have been somewhat remiss, particularly in the flossing, so I feared the worst.

I so warned my hygenist of that fact before she went to work, but then when she began to do that probing bit , checking for "puffiness", I was surprised how little the sharp point hurt as she probed throughout my entire gum area!

When she finished with the cleaning she announced that i was a "miracle" of modern dentistry -- that I did in fact hve more placque to deal with this time, but that the gums were actually in better condition than they were for my last trip.

So I am still on as "good luck" roll and will redouble my efforts with my daily mouth care.

The reason I say that I spent a goodly amount of time at the dentist is that my appointment was for 9:10 AM -- I arrived on time and began signing in and that's when I remembered. I had forgotten to go to the pharmacy yesterday and pick up the required amoxycillin tabs that someone who has gone through heart surgery must take prior to having dental work done --

Again my luck held as they had a cancellation at 11AM, so I rushed back to the pharmacy, got my meds and was home by noon.

______________________________________________

I just received (by e mail) maps and driving directions for my gig this coming Saturday for The Security State Bank of Iron River, Wisconsin. It is being held at The Deep Lake Lodge just south of Highway 2 between Brule and Iron River, so I have some driving to do this weekend.

fortunately, while I was in the dentist chair i overheard on the radio that the temps are going to be above freezing for the weekend. Thank you!

______________________________________________

I had a nice visit on the telephone with my son Jon last night. Les Sans Coulottes did not work on New Year's Eve as the bass player had a gig with another band.

He alerted me to a blog about the band. If you are interested, the URL is:

http://mog.com/indiepixie/blog_post/120766

Jon and his brother David have been writing music together for possible computer generated presentations. They are finding that they work well as a team -- each has his own strengths which add to the finished product.

_____________________________________________

I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE JOINED THE 21ST CENTURY BY PURCHASING "CLEARWIRE"! Recently, Clearwire (which basically works on the same principle as the cell phone in that you get your broadband signal from a tower) put up a tower only a few miles from me at the junction of Highway I-94 and Highway 93.

Actually, it's all Kim's fault! she looked into having it installed at the house and once I tried it I was hooked. but first I had to rationalize the expense.

Once I realized that I was spending $22.71 a month for a second telephone line (with "linebacker") and was having constant trouble connecting through the telephone wiring, and that "Clearwire" would only cost me around $12.00 a month more -- and it's tax deductible as an office expense -- it became a no brainer.

Now it's a whole new world of surfing!

_____________________________________________

No comments: