HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday, November 13 -- Only Five More Days 'Til We Are Green Bay Bound

Man oh man oh man! I got the "can-hardly waits" real bad! We are only five days away from loading up the Scion xB with outdoor gear and bloody mary mix!

Tom "Blinky" Johnson and I will be representing the Packer faithful and the southern gentleman himself, Mr. Jay Moore, will be making his first trip to Lambeau wearing the Panther colors. You can take the hillybilly out of the hills, but you can't take the hills outa the hillbilly, or sumthin' like that.

Today I went out and found some merino wool liners for my gloves as they didn't pass the "cold test" last Saturday at the Blugold/Stout football game at Carson Park.

I also got a pair of Grabber Mycoal Heat Treat Foot Warmers as that was the other part of my body that failed the "cold test" pretty miserably last Saturday.

Now I have to remember to pack a cushion to sit on as those aluminum benches at Lambeau will give you hemmerhoidal frostbite!

I picked up a bottle of good quality Pinnacle vodka, two jars of tomato juice, a jar of Clausen's dill spears, (Mother Nature's stir sticks) and a jar of good and hot horseradish from Eau Claire's own Silver Spring Gardens (I already have the hot pepper sauce for those in the party that want it).

We'll be up early Sunday morning, around 6 AM, fortifying ourselves with vodka, lycopene and dill pickles for breakfast. Then we'll be off to Green Bay from Neenah's Day's Inn to find parking north of Lombardi by 9:30 AM so that it won't take us three hours to get to Highway 29 west after the Packers beat the snot out of the Panthers.

I learned my lesson last time -- Kim and I parked south of Lombardi Avenue in the Chuckie Cheese parking lot and it took us (and I am not exaggerating here) about an hour to finally get onto Lombardi!

I wouldn't sweat it so much, but Shanty Boy has to be on the air Monday morning, hopefully to eat a lot of crow.

We will be leaving for Green Bay around 10 AM on Saturday, lunching at Sam's Pizza in Schofield about 11:45 AM (see you there, Kittsons?), then on to Green Bay and the Hall of Fame, with a stop at the Packer Pro Shop.

We'll have to see if Jay Moore can do the Lambeau Leap at the display in the hall of fame.

Then we'll check in to the Day's Inn, Neenah. side note: The manager makes an appearance in a Day's Inn commercial on TV!

We got three guys and two beds. Jay Moore says I have to sleep in the bath tub. I think we should draw straws. Or even better -- Tom and I will climb in bed with Jay -- one on each side -- and we'll make a Moore sandwich.

Every time I think of taking road trips with "the guys" I have to smile thinking back to the "Eat Like Elvis" road trip I took years ago with my younger brother Anson and good friend Gary Spaeth.

At the motel the first night, we were all very polite. About the third night, my brother "cut the cheese" quite loudly --to which Gary announced, formally:

"LET THE FARTING BEGIN!"

__________________________________________________________

No comments: