HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, November 9, 2007

Office Stove Now In Full Use -- Come In, Take Off All Of Your Clothes, Make Yourself Comfortable


The daily routine of stoking the office stove has begun and it is something that I look forward to and enjoy. The recent delivery of six face cord contained a lot of smaller kindling, which I keep stored next to the stove.

Around 10PM I will come over from the house and find two huge chunks of wood, stuff them in, turn down both the dampers, and it will keep the building comfortably warm overnight.

When I get back in the morning around 7 AM, all I have to do is even out the glowing coals, add three or four of the pictured kindling, open the dampers, and within minutes I am back up to speed with a roaring fire.

If I don't damper it down, I will end up working at the computer in my underwear!

With feedings at noon, 6PM and again at 10, the cycle is completed for another day and I have not used any LP gas whatsoever, saving that for backup times when I am out of town.

________________________________________________

I am very pleased to announce that Tiit has returned home to Fall Creek!

Tiit is feeling GREAT. His white blood counts are high enough so he doesn't have to wear a mask anymore and his platelets and hemoglobin are all normal. The bone marrow biopsy showed 3% blast cells but we all have some blast cells, usually no more than 5%. This is about the same percentage detected last week in his blood which is good news. Tiit will have another bone marrow biopsy on November 18th and will meet with the doctor on the 21st to see if he can start consolidation theraphy. He wants to have the consolidtion chemo in Eau Claire and the next cycles will be less intensive.

Ann wishes to thank all for your friendship, support, kind thoughts, love, notes, food, gifts, music, books, visits and everything else. They are very happy to be home together.

______________________________________________

No comments: