HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Gigs Start Saturday -- Enjoying Week Off!

Saturday of this week I go back to work after a too long respite. I am feeling rusty! I am entertainng the All Ways Trucking firm out of Bloomer, Wisconsin, for their Christmas party.

It's one of those gigs where I had best make out a set list and tape it to my guitar so that I don't stand there like the proverbial deer in the headlights when I am supposed to be portraying funny.

Most times, audiences don't fully realize how much their own attitude towards a performance make or breaks that performance. I'll just hope that they have had a good year and go from there.

Are you still living on Thanksgiving leftovers? I think tonight will be our last go-round with what we have.

We had a long discussion about that the other night -- leftovers, that is. Some people just love leftovers. I understand it. Leftovers have had a chance to meld flavors and usually taste better than the original (or so I am told). I don't necessarily agree with that, I guess.

I can't really tell you why I don't like leftovers, other than getting them to look presentable once again can be a challenge. But, at any rate, I am not a leftovers guy.

I need to learn how to cook just for two. I haven't mastered that yet, either.

So I have four of the "boys" coming over for the Thursday night Packer game. I think I promised them some kind of munchies so I spent the day thinking about that but am drawing a blank.

I could always drag out the gigunda popcorn bowl (it holds two full poppers full of popped pop corn) and slather that with butter and call it munchies.

I have been using this great stove popper that is made in Monon, Indiana -- "The whirley pop 6 quart popcorn maker" for years and I swear that you will neveer find a popper that will turn out a better bowl of corn than this product.

You can ususlly find them in kitchen supply stores or go to:

http://www.famousfoods.com/redwhpopstpo1.html

and check them out. Yeh, 12 quarts of buttered popcorn oughta hold 'em. I told you the bowl was GIGUNDA!
______________________________________________________

I stayed up and watched the Philadelphia Eagles almost beat the New England Patriots last night. Except for the mindless interception Feeley threw to Asante Samuel in the end zone near the end of the game, The Eagles gave the Pats all that could handle. It makes me feel better about the Green Bay Packers as I feel that in the same situation last night, they would have man-handled the much touted Mr. Brady and Mr. Moss.

From what I observed last night, the Patriot pass defense is very suspect and I think Brett and his 5 receivers would carve them up!

But first we need to deal with BIG D. And today I am thinking there is a good chance that the Packers will win in Dallas for the first time in what is it? 8 tries? 9?

Yes, we have injuries, but I still think it is within our grasp to win down there. Brett Favre pitted against Tony Romo? I think not.

However it come sout -- It's gonna be a fun one to watch -- if I can keep from having a heart attack.

_______________________________________________________

No comments: