HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, February 21, 2010

AND SO IT GOES - ON AND ON AND ON

Friday afternoon was occupied with extensive medical testing to determine if my heart could be shocked back into normal sinus rhythm.

The first test involved freezing up my throat to accommodate sliding a tube down the throat to take photographs of the flaps surrounding the heart to be certain that there would be no blood clots since the next sstep involved giving tghe heart a jolt of electricity to get it back into normal sinus rhythm.

As I explained in my last entry, both of these procedures went just fine

So last night I awoke to bad pain in my upper right shoulder area which I at first dismissed as having slept "wrong" on my side so I went back to sleep. Some two hours later I was once again awakened by a much worse searing pain in the same general area.

I awakened Kim and we decided it was time to get me to the hospital emergency and believe me that was the longest, ujgliest car ride I have ever been involved in - the kind that makes you whimper involuntarily all the way to the hospital.


I remained in terrible pain for over an hour in spite of shots of morphine and God knows what.

So I am ensconced here in the hospital pending continued testing tomorrow. The over all consensus is that it is my gall bladder that is the culorit. We will know more by days end tomorrow.

___________________________________________________________________

No comments: