HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WE NEED TO START A MAN BOOB CONTEST AND I NOMINATE JACK NICHOLSON!



This morning I realized as I trudged through the newly fallen eight inches of snow that had me huffing and puffing by the time I reached the steps of the bungalow that I am very desperately out of shape and have absolutely no motivation to do anything about it except make another batch of Rice Krispie Bars. God those are addictive!

Then I received an e mail from Stan Johnson, older brother to my pal Blinky and erstwhile Madison barrister which contained this magnificent photograph of a "flyover" of Lambeau Field, Green Bay. Picking up on the fact that his younger brother refers to me as LBM (Little Bladder Man), Stan hailed me with LtM, which of course puzzled me so I wrote back to him and asked if he was in fact making some sort of illusion to my recent weight gain by referring to me as " "Little titty Man" instead of "Little Bladder Man" as I seem to have grown "man boobs".

In turn, Stan sent me the photo I am including of Mr. Jack Nicholson floating about on his sail boat and stuffing himself with what looks to be a five dollar foot long. I immediately felt much better about my chest as I cannot hold a candle to the mighty Man Boobs of Mr Nicholson.

the photo does, however, give me a goal at which to shoot!

I have - except for a brief excursion home for lunch with Kim - been having just quite a time knocking around the office today - with a good fire in the stove which needs re-supplying as I type - so excuse me momentarily!

There! Ah, what a comfort it is to feed the stove like a fireman on the old steam trains of yesteryear. It is almost time for me to draw a very warm and sudsy bath, turn on Pandora Computer Radio, choose a mix of Springsteen, Delbert McClinton, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, and The Amazing Rhythm Aces and ease this tired and sore old body into a steamy paradise.

who can explain to me why my mail man does not deliver the mail on May 23 or any perfectly wonderful summery day until 4PM, but today, with eight inches of snow, I go to mail bills and find fresh vehicle tracks at my mail box at 1:30 PM?

It's a government employee thing.

In parting there's this:

'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

A sharp tongue can cut your own throat.

If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep.


Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.


The best vitamin for making friends..... B1.


The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.


The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge.


One thing you can give and still keep....is your word.


You lie the loudest when you lie to yourself
If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.
One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.
Ideas won't work unless ' You' do.


Your mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open...


The 10 commandments are not a multiple choice.


The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! It is never too late to become what you might have been.


Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right.. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Friends are like balloons; once you let them go, you might not get them back. Sometimes we get so busy with our own lives and problems that we may not even notice that we've let them fly away. Sometimes we are so caught up in who's right and who's wrong that we forget what's right and wrong. Sometimes we just don't realize what real friendship means until it is too late. I don't want to let that happen so I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

I KNOW - TOO SCHMALTZY.

____________________________________bite me __________________________________________

No comments: