HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, December 17, 2009

PACKER SHRINE NEARLY COMPLETED WITH CARTER'S AUTOGRAPH

Last night I received an e mail from Wil Denson telling me thaat the Packer helmet i had given to him a couple of weeks ago for the purpose of obtaining Jim Carter's autograph was, in fact, now autographed and ready to be picked up.

So this morning, right after my lab and blood draw and with a stop at Walgreen's to pick up two prescriptions, I went down to Wil's house.
So here are a couple of photos of the newest prize to be joining my "Green Bay Packer Shrine". Wil told me that he asked Jim if he ever became aggravated with people asking for his autograph and Carter told him that he will be much more aggravated when people stop asking him for his autograph.

I recall the day that I first became enamored of the idea of getting his autograph. Carter and I were leaving Menard's at the same time and since we have met several times before and Jim was good enough to put me in contact with the Minneapolis surgeon that repaired both his knees, we know each other well enough to stop and visit a bit.

I told him that day that I had begun to restore Riddell and Schutt helmets as NFL team helmets and asked him if he would be so kind as to autograph one for me someday. His reply took me somewhat by surprise when he said something to the effect that he would be glad to give it to me but why would I want it. He then went on to tell me the horror stories that he faced when he replaced long time legend Ray Nitschke at middle linebacker. I mentioned this in an earlier blog and you can google him and find the story on line if you are interested in Packer football history.

At any rate, this morning I placed it in its case and it now sits with helmets autographed by Bart Starr and Paul Hornung. I have another helmet done up as a Super Bowl XXXI helmet which I would like (some day) to have one Brett Favre autograph, but that may be a bit difficult. Can you see me walking into the Metrodome carrying a Packer helmet in search of the new Viking QB? Neither can I.

_______________________________________________________



Yesterday Kim and I received an "E" card by JIBJAB from Jo Burke. I immediately dove into the nuts and bolts of the concept and came up with my little Disco Christmas Card you see on the left of today's blog. So Merry Christmas, do a Little Dance, Make a Little Love, Get Down Tonight! and have a DISCO, DISCO CHRISTMAS!

from Kim, Stella, Hammy and Larry

No comments: