HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I DON'T KNOW WHO THE GUY WITH THE BEARD IS - BUT THE OTHER ONE IS MY FRIEND SEBASTIAN WHO SHOULD BE INTERNATIONAL POSTER CHILD OF HAPPY!

I just have to add this wonderful photograph of my favorite little man Sebastian who as you can see is not in the least bit afraid of Santa Claus. I have published several other photos of Sebastian and I just think he should be an international poster child for happiness around the world!

I HOPE SEBASTIAN HAS THE MERRIEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

My Christmas prayers have been answered and I have received the greatest Christmas gift of all, the safe return of my wonderful brother Father John Heagle from Bangladesh. Recently I published an e mail I received from him. Here is the one I just got in after the poor guy finally returned to his digs on the coast of Oregon:

Dear Larry,

We are home. Exhausted and weak from a lack of sleep, but home. So, for tonight a short version.

It will take me a long time to reflect on and begin to integrate the experiences of the last two weeks. What I can say at this point is that it has expanded my sense of the goodness and generosity of our brothers and sisters around the world, as well as the challenges of poverty, pain, and struggle that they face. Tonight, I listened briefly to some Republican senator from OK who asserted that the climate crisis is made up by scientists who are indebted to Obama. That evokes a sense, shall we say, of puzzlement in me. This guy should visit Seoul, Manila, Delhi, or Dhaka, just to mention the places I can claim as experiential and I'm not sure he would have been so simplistice. My eyes are still burning from the smog, the exhuast fumes, and the massive population in a small geographical area. I almost feel guilty breathing the fresh, bracing air of the Oregon coast.
I was hoping to get back to writing tomorrow, but my body and mind are so foggy, I may just have to wait, as Robert Frost says, for 'the water to clear' before I dive into that deep pool of creativity again.

Fran joins me in giving our love to you and Kim,

brother john

I couldn't ask for a nicer Christmas gift!

No comments: