HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Remember The Line From the Movie? "THEY'RE HERE!"



For several years now it has been rumored that cougars (mountain lions) are walking amongst us. Here is actual photographic proof that indeed, they're here! These photographs were taken by an automatic tree stand camera that is triggered by any movement in the area where bait has been set out.

Obviously, the cougars took up a position and awaited the arrival of the deer and then pounced. Incidentally, these pictures were taken in Buffalo County, Wisconsin, just across the river from Winona, Minnesota.

I, myself, am thrilled that so much wildlife is making a strong comeback. I can still remember my trips to Iowa over 20 years ago and seeing my first wild turkeys fly out of roost and across the highway.

I hope that we don't go "Sarah Palin" on these beautiful animals and start shooting them from planes.

Here's some of the wild and woolies I have spotted on my own property out here on Otter Creek: black bear, full size, and baby, racoon, badger, red fox, turkeys, many deer, possum, hawks, pileated woodpeckers, and occasionally a bald eagle fishes down in the creek.

Man, I wouldn't have it any other way!

___________________________________________________

No comments: