HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Sorry I'm Series --






While my younger son David was home this Spring, we got to talking and laughing about outrageous tee shirts that both of us had seen over the years.

David said he had a couple of ideas he wanted to throw out to see what my reaction would be; Remember, he said, that little sign that small cafes always stuck in the front window when they closed? They always used the same word and it was always laid out the same way in red. It was the word "sorry, with a swoosh under it. "Sorry -- we're closed.

So we brainstormed a bit and came up with what we ultimately call the "Sorry Series". It took us a couple of days to get the courage to actually do anything about the incubating idea. I finally told David that I knew just the gal to print them for us: Sue at Paw Prints in Bloomer.

Sue has done lots of work for Jay Moore at FM 106 and when I put together the Wood Tick Song, it was Sue that laid out the shirts for me.

So we jumped in the car and made a nice day of it, cruising up Highway 53 to Bloomer, still discussing what the punch line should be for the "Sorries". Some, of course, just weren't funny. Others were hilarious but no one would ever wear the shirt, so by the time we exited Highway 53, we had come up with five different shirts we would have Sue print up for our first trial run.

Sue, as usual, was very helpful to us. What we really found encouraging is that she thought that the shirts would sell!

Now, before I go any further, I want to make it clear that David, who has done some pretty amazing art work of his own, and has worked as a computer layout man for firms in down town New York City, did all the layout work in advance on his lap top computer. Don't ask me how someone does that. The man is from another planet.

As a matter of fact, when you get a chance, scoot on over to David's web site: www.davidlast.net and read his blogs and down load some of his music.

Last time he was home, I drove him down to Madison so he could spend some time with his mother and catch his plane and he played me a lot of his latest tunes on the car stereo. He is heavily into rthythm and has been gigging both overseas and all over the US of A.

Oops! I just realized I haven't posted the "other tee shirt". It is not of the "Sorry Series". Let me get it uploaded right now. Excuse me (hopefully for a moment).

HEY! By golly, it worked! It didn't appear where I thought it would, but at least it made an appearance. "Will Drink For Beer" was totally David's idea and whaddaya wanna bet it will be the best seller in the state of Wisconsin?

If you are reading this blog, you are the first to get a look at the new tee shirts. Eventually they will be going on sale on my web site, on David's web site, and hopefully on my manager Liz Fischer's web site as well.

Liz is the only one of us that has a charge card set up through Monarch Publishing on her site.

So watch for their appearance on the web site and directions on how to order. What's really cool is they come only in "basic black". The people's color. err -- the clergy's color!

No comments: