HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, June 8, 2007

Parasites Make Me Creepy-crawly

Just as I was sitting down to start this blog, I somewhat unconsciously reached up to scratch my left ear and found that there was, indeed, something causing the ear to itch, another danged wood tick! Fortunately, he wasn't too deeply attached, but this has been the worse Spring yet for the little parasites. If I haven't lost count, this is the 11th I have found on my person and only the third that has managed to attach itself. Usually I can feel them, no matter how small, skittering across open skin.

I really hate parasites! and I know of what I speak. I have been accosted by wood ticks, scabies (more than once because I am too cheap to pay for expensive motels), and leaches many times over as a youngster, wading in Lake Menomin and the Red Cedar River. Each has their own degree of disgusting creepiness!

The thing is, the more you talk about them or even think about them, the more your skin crawls and the more you are certain that even now, you are under attack.

I guess I don't make a very good host!

I take great pleasure in setting fire to wood ticks with a cigarette lighter. Tonight's freeloader just got flushed down the toilet!

I hadn't intended to spend time on parasitic creatures, but rather was going to pass on some more "truisms". So, if I can get past the creepy crawlies, here are some more:

I have learned that:

you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you are hungry.

animals can sometimes warm your hearts better than people can.

regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.

nothing is more fun than a job you enjoy.

self pity is a waste of time.

you can't tell how far a frog can jump just by looking at him.

reacting is a lot easier than thinking.

when you drop a slice of bread with jelly on it, it always lands jelly side down.

the best thing about growing older is that you no longer feel a need to impress anyone.

the worst pain is watching someone else in pain.

when someone tells you it's the principle of the thing, not the money, it's the money.

some money costs too much.

if you laugh and drink soda pop at the same time, it will come out your nose.

if you read something that's unintelligible gibberish, it was probably written by a lawyer.

you never really know your friends until you take a vacation with them.

you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It might be the last time that you see them.

No comments: