HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Don't Go Changin'

At the risk of sounding like an old man, my question is this. Why can't the captains of industry leave well enough alone, at least once in a while? Case in point. It took me a lot of years before I finally caved and bought myself a cell phone. When I did buy one, I bought a Kyocera Soho KX1 on a "pay as you go" plan and I abolutely love both the phone and the plan.

My cell phone has just the basic necessities. That's what I really lke about it. I don't want or need to take damn pictures with my telephone! Today I got to worrying about the fact that some day my Kyocera is bound to wear out and I will have to buy another so I went to the same place that I got my first phone and, well, you guessed it. They not only don't carry that particular model anymore, they don't even carry Kyocera anymore!

So I came back here and got on the internet, thinking I could find SOMEONE who would still be carrying the Soho, but NoNo, the Kyocera Soho has gone the way of dinosaurs. So now, I am going to have to hope and pray that with proper coddling, this phone will last me a long time, maybe even until they put me in the home and I no longer will have need of a phone because I won't even know who I am, much less how to run a damn camera phone!

I figure by then they will have phones that you can play music on, watch television on, collect your e mail on -- never mind -- they already are coming out with that soon!

Hell, they did the same thing to me with tennis shoes a few years bck. I bought a pair of Skechers that I really liked. Most comfortable shoe I ever bought. Went back a couple of years later when my shoes were getting pretty shabby and by then shoes had little twinkle lights in them and you had to pump them up to wear them.

It drives me to distraction! Guess there's only one thing left to do. Buy in volume. If I find something I really like after having had it a month or so, I'd best back a semi up to the store's loading dock and clean them out!

I am going to keep this short today as I need to organize which tunes I am going to contribute to the Songwriters Show at Sammy's Pub this early evening.

So Happy Father's Day to all the dads. I hope you are pampered all day.

No comments: