HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

When the Going Gets Tough


Been a week since I have posted - and it has not been a good one. I went to the bone doctor and was informed that the right fibula is now completely healed and I would no longer need to wear the big plastic boot.

But after attempting to walk on it normally, the ankle let me know immediately that the severe sprain I also incurred at the time is far from healed. Consequently, I have done very little except stay off the ankle and keep it elevated. I am seeing an acupuncturist weekly in hopes that it will speed healing as this is getting to be quite alarming as the injury occurred back on December 22, 2010.

Then, last week, I had left my car out of the garage on tuesday night. Wednesday morning I was going to move it our of the way of the cleaning lady but never got around to it. She arrived and parked around the other side of the house in the main part of our garage parking area.

So what did I do? I forgot she was even there and backed right into her. Over $1400 in damage to my car alone with a $500 deductible. $500 that I don't have. And look at the accompanying photo. Does that look like $1400 of damage to you???

I think I am finally over beating myself up for that stupidity. Now I just rage about how stupid it is that we even refer to those pretty pieces of plastic on late model cars as "bumpers". They are absolutely worthless!

Of course my conservative friends would say it's because I have a Feingold bumper sticker. I really miss Russ.

Thankfully, the Green Bay Packers brought some joy into my miserable little life with the Super Bowl win. Once they got on a roll at the end of the season with the defeat of the Bears I had a strong feeling that we would go all the way.

Now, I better get back to bed, ice up, and elevate.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: