HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, February 28, 2011

HEARTY WINTER BREAKFAST

I realize this plate of what's left is not really appetizing, but I shot the photo almost as an after thought - because this breakfast was really delicious!

I have always been a fan of canned corn beef hash. Usually I cook it in a cast iron skillet until it is really browned and crispy, then I ease two gently poached eggs onto the top of the hash, break the yokes, and have at it with a couple of slices of toasted English Muffin Bread.

But this day, I let my mind wander, and just as the hash was about ready, I began whisking the eggs in a bowl! Then I thought, oh, well - and I broke up the hash, added the slightly beaten eggs, some salt and pepper, and mixed them both together thoroughly in the skillet, until the eggs just started to set, then I removed them to my serving dish.

And WOW! I can hardly wait to do this again.

______CORNED BEEF HASH AND EGG SCRAMBLE ______

RECIPE FOR 1-2 SERVINGS

I/2 can, Mary Kitchen Corn Beef Hash
2 or 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
freshly snipped chives (optional)
cooking spray
salt and pepper

Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for several minutes. spray the skillet with cooking oil. form a patty of the corned beef hash and add it to the hot pan. Fry until the hash is brown and crispy on both sides, then break it up, add the eggs, chives, and mix together thoroughly until eggs just set.

I like it with ketchup.

_______________________________________________________________

No comments: