HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Friday, March 13, 2009

SNAP SHOTS FROM RECENT FR JOHN/LARRY HEAGLE SESSION

It has been such a real treat to have Fr. John Heagle "home" this week! I was able to hear a couple of his homilies and sat in on one of his sessions and he is always truly amazing. The session I went to wednesday morning centered around LISTENING. He emphasized how much change could be brought about in the world (not to mention our own lives) if we only took time to really listen to one another. Wednesday afternoon, while John had a few minutes out of his very busy schedule, my good friend and very talented photographer, Patty Stangel was kind enough to take some photographs of us for our upcoming scheduled performances of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother", scheduled for Friday evening, May 15, in Merrill, Wisconsin, at an unyet disclosed location, thursday evening at the Heyde Center for the Arts, Chippewa Falls, at 7 PM and a final performance in our big "world tour" at the Tainter Memorial Theatre in Menomonie at 2PM in the afternoon.
By the time we were almost finished with the session things got silly and a bit out of hand and Patty suggested we "switch" costuming, so we went upstairs and came back down as Fr. Larry and John. This photo is what I would look like as a priest of some 50 years! Not a lot of people are aware that I actually did study at the seminary in LaCrosse for a year. (I was invited not to come back).

I had a great conversation with Mr. Curtiss Worrell, one of the entrepreneurial owners of Helmet Hut down in Warsaw, Indiana, just a few hours ago, and told him about our upcoming show - then e mailed him these two photographs and here is the reply I got:

"Not even the collar can convince me Larry...... Now your brother is a completely different story ;-)"

Considering my above admission of rejection by the rector of the seminary at the end of my freshman year, I would say that Mr. Worrell, through our helmet restoration dealings alone, knows me all too well!

I want to again state that I am the BIGGEST Helmet Hut fan in the world! They have restored two older helmets for me to pristine glory! I have two more projects for them and I will have completed all helmets for the North Division of the NFL, save one for the (dare I even spell it out) -- Minnesota team. I don't think I can bring myself to spend money on creating that horned beast.

A side note: I know I should hate the Bears as much as the Queens, but I haven't been to a game in Chicago. I have been to a game at the Wind Bag in Minnneapolis and that is where my deep hatred began. I was wearing my Packer jacket as as I came out of the tunnel into the seating area, a guy stands up and yells: "Get the fuck outa here and don't ever fucking come back!"
To this I waved and replied: "NICE TO SEE YOU, TOO!"

One I was seated a very nice gentleman behind me leaned toward me and said: "Don't pay any attention to that asshole -- he's drunk every game before it even starts."

I asked: "Well, if he's like this when the Vikings are winning (they were having a great season), what is he like when they are losing?"

"When they're losing, his seat is empty."

__________________________________________________

If you are an afficianado of football helmets as I am, don't hesitate to go to helmethut.com and look over their wonderful web site. it is filled with a treasure trove of helmets both college and professional. Did you see the movie "The Express?" If you did, you saw examples of helmets made especially for the film by the experts at Helmet Hut.

You can even order a wonderful new book by Jim Finks, Jr called "Colors" which follows the history of NFL uniforms throughout the years. If the name Jim Finks has a familiar ring it is because his dad is a member of the NFL Hall of Fame. Soon as I gete my helmet projects finished i am buying a copy!

_______________________________________________________

And now -- for a little levity, thanks to my pal Matthew Capell! Matt -- I wish I was in Napoli with you today!


Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love, and got married. The
ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you,
but don't start anything."

Two peanuts walk into a bar, and one is a salted.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm, and says,
"Beer please, and one for the road."

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other, "Does this
taste funny to you?"

"Doc, I can't stop singing The Green, Green Grass of Home."
"That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome."
"Is it common?"
"Well, It's Not Unusual."

Two cows are standing next to each other in a field.
Daisy says to Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning."
"I don't believe you," says Dolly.
"It's true; no bull!" exclaims Daisy.

An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to
look at either.

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day, but I couldn't find any.

I went to a seafood disco last week. I pulled a mussel.

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel, and were standing
in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about
an hour, the manager came out of the office, and asked them to
disperse.
"But why," they asked, as they moved off.
"Because," he said, "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

Mahatma Gandhi walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an
impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which
made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad
breath. This made him a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by
halitosis.

A dwarf who was a mystic escaped from jail. The call went out that
there was a small medium at large.



___

No comments: