HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, January 15, 2012

GO PACK GO?

Well, here it is - Green Bay Packer's first post season game! And I am facing it alone. dropped Kimmy off at the airport shuttle and she's bound for warmer temps in Arizona with "The Get-Away-Girls" - so it's me and the kitties for the rest of the week. And Hammy and Stella don't much like football because all of daddy's screaming at the TV makes them run for cover under the bed.

And here's the awful truth. I don't think the Packers can do it today. The defense has been suspect all season - Yeh, I know they went 15-1 over the regular season. But this is a PLAYOFF game and playoff football is a whole different kettle of fish, ball of wax, or whatever overused hackneyed expression you want to insert here. If you don't believe that, you haven't been watching the playoffs thus far.

Unless we can get some turnovers, Mr. Rodgers neighborhood could very well turn into a Bronx slum.

And wasn't the 49'er/Saints game just one of the best you have ever watched? Wild and crazy all the way! Happy for the Niners. Mostly because my friend Doug Cox lives out there half the year - I just took him up to the airport this past Monday.

And I know this is going against the flow, but I really enjoyed watching Timmy Tebow aka the "Baby Jesus" get REALLY beat up yesterday. How come when he loses he doesn't take time to thank his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

And as long as I am talking football, I have to comment on the NFL Channel's talking heads. Please, please, please get rid of Michael Irvin, Deon Sanders, and Warren the sap. I didn't think much of them when they played the game and now they are really full of hot air and BS!

________________________________________________________________

No comments: