HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Monday, February 23, 2009

MY LITTLE SCREECH OWL GAINS FAME?

Last week I published a different photograph of this little grey faced screech owl. It seems there have been some developments since then.

I had my camera with me when I went to play for a Farmers Insurance Awards Banquet in Merill last week and while I was waiting to go on, I struck up a conversation with a couple sitting at the bar. I told them about the photos of the owl and they were interested in seeing them so I retrieved my camera from the car. They were both quite impressed with the photos and said I should submit one to Wausau television station WAOW because every morning during the news they have a"photo of the day" and the couple thought sure that I would get the picture on the show.

When I got back home, I took a copy of the photo down to the Eau Claire Leader Telegram to see if they would be interested in publishing it.

I didn't hear anythinbg more until today when I got the following e mail from my friend Suzi Kittson in Wausau:

Larry,

Terry came in to wake me early this morning like around 6:15am to let me know that Channel 9 WAOW, had your owl photo on as the photo of the day! Very cool. He said, "I thought that looked familiar." I had shared that particular blog with him. So your newspaper box and owl are now famous!

Suzi

Then I got a telephone call today from Joe Knight at the Eau Claire Leader Telegram informing me that they will be publishing the photo in this coming friday's issue.

So I begin my new life as an owl's publicity agent!

________________________________________________________

No comments: