HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Thursday, February 19, 2009

LES SAN CULOTTE'S NEW POSTER -- WOW!

Today I received this well-conceived poster of Les San Culotte, the Brooklyn, NY based band for which my son Jonathan (very bottom of picture) plays lead guitar.

I got a chance to catch the bnad live in Minneapolis this past summer and they are an impressive band that features almost entirely their own compositions both musically and lyrically. All lyrics are in French. (I smiled to see that the keyboard player had removed the "K" from the KORG logo on the front of his keyboard to an "F" -- I am not so certain that French fans would enjoy the ethnic joke as much a Americans.)

I do remember the band doing one cover tune during their set. you haven't really heard "Boots Are Made For Walking" until you have heard it belted out by a sexy Brooklyn woman in a mini skirt doing her finest French accent!

__________________________________________________________

No comments: