HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Saturday, March 9, I was invited to a surprise birthday party for the Chippewa Valley's most popular and revered County Music DJ, Mr. Jay Moore, arranged by his lovely wife Sherry and held at The Wilson Nite Club in lovely downtown Wilson, Wisconsin.

Festivities began at 2PM and I found myself arriving right behind the birthday guy himself. fortunately, He didn't spot me as he and Sherry made their way into the club ahead of me. They were greeted by a very large crowd of well-wishers who immediately burst into a raucous "Happy Birthday" for Jay.

It was very obvious that Jay was completely taken by surprise and he had tears in his eyes as he greeted the crowd. I joined two of my musician buddies, pictured above, Greg Wheeler and John Lynch. Greg is the premier country harmonica player in the entire valley and I would put him in a class with Charlie McCoy!

John Lynch is the lead singer of The Memories and former owner of Jake's On the Lake, which he sold several years ago and now works at Keyes Chevrolet in Menomonie to (as he puts it) stay out of trouble.

It was good to see those two guys as well and we reminisced about the "old times" and what we were all up to at this point.

Country singer Betty Lee was in attendance also. Betty is as very close friend of Jay's and after everyone was full of pizza, she got up with some of her band and did several well-received songs. Greg played marvelous harmonica throughout.

Eventually John got up and did a few tunes and then I was called up to do "The Wood Tick Song".

All in all, it was a great party for a great man and I am glad I was a part of it! Happy 76th birthday (March 23rd) - Mr. Moore and many, many more! We all love you!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________


Weed Eater Logic...

Two Texas farmers, Jim and Bob, are sitting at their favorite bar, drinking beer. Jim turns to Bob and says, "You know, I'm tired of going through life without an education. Tomorrow I think I'll go to the Community College and sign up for some classes."



Bob thinks it's a good idea, and the two leave. The next day, Jim goes down to the college and meets Dean of Admissions, who signs him up for

the four basic classes: Math, English, History, and Logic.



... "Logic?" Jim says. "What's that?"



The dean says, "I'll give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"



"Yeah." "Then logically speaking, because you own a weed eater, I think that you would have a yard."



"That's true, I do have a yard."



"I'm not done," the dean says. "Because you have a yard, I think logically that you would have a house."



"Yes, I do have a house."



"And because you have a house, I think that you might logically have a family."



"Yes, I have a family."



"I'm not done yet. Because you have a family, then logically you must have a wife. And because you have a wife, then logic tells me you must be a heterosexual."



"I am a heterosexual. That's amazing, you were able to find out all of that because I have a weed eater."



Excited to take the class now, Jim shakes the Dean's hand and leaves to go meet Bob at the bar. He tells Bob about his classes, how he is signed up for Math, English, History, and Logic.



"Logic?" Bob says, "What's that?"



Jim says, "I'll give you an example. Do you have a weed eater?"



"No."



" Then you're a queer... "

______________________________________________________________________________________________


Irish priests. You can't put anything past them!!!


An Irish priest was transferred to Texas.

Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside. He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.

The conversation went like this:

"Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a little fun with the good father, replied, "Well now, Father. It was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!"

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment. Father O'Malley then replied, "Aye,'tis certainly true. But we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________


No comments: