HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Sunday, May 22, 2011

PROUD TO BE A PART OF "FIGHTIN' BOB FEST NORTH"


Despite the fact that I was still fighting off my latest tussle with Spring fibromyalgia, I had enough left to do a pretty darn good twenty minute set - following one of my all time political heroes, retired senator Dave Obey, who has given so much of himself to our great state which is now in free fall, thanks to Scott "The Big Lie" Walker.

I opened with a Norwegian joke in which Ole showed up back at the house after dark, dragging a huge 18 point buck carcass - and no sign of his hunting partner, our beloved governor.

When Lena asked what happened, Ole said: "Vell, the governor had a heart attack (it was a good dream) and so I had to decide whether to drag him or the deer and I figgered nobody would steal Walker, dead or alive!"

I then launched into the Snowmobile Song, followed by my "Pinocchio and Walker" tune which the audience joined with gusto on the chorus.

I finished by honoring the guv with the "Butthead Polka", which seemed appropriate, given the circumstances.

No comments: