HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN:

HELLO FROM EAU CLAIRE, WISCONSIN - merchants slogan: "We don't have it but we can get it for you."

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

GREEN BAY PACKER JACKET BECOMING WEARABLE HISTORY OF TEAM


It took some doing, but I finally found someone who does embroidery to update my wins/losses patch for my Green Bay Packer "History of the Packers" jacket. I also had difficulty finding the 1 1/2 inch numerals to match the others on the jacket back, but finally located them online through a company way out in Idaho.

The jacket has gotten many and varied comments from people



when I wear it out in public. While walking towards the Eau Claire Post Office downtown, I was approached by a young man going the other way who looked at my jacket and laughed. I thought this rather strange but suspect he was high on something as his eyes were as big as saucers.

While attending a game in Green Bay, I went into the packers Pro Shop before the game and the woman behind the check out counter asked: "Mind if I read your jacket?" I consider that a correct response.

Another woman at the grocery store looked at it and said: "Wow. You don't have any more places to put patches, do you?" I told her that the jacket was so old that the patches were all that were holding it together.

Except for the Willabee and Ward Super Bowl XLV patch, my jacket is now completed. I really can't add any more Super Bowl wins to it.

Guess I better start looking for another jacket!

________________________________________________________________

No comments: